help on controlling a 2yr old when we goes out?

Ok I hv a 2yr old. Every time we goes 2 the malls she does listen. I put her n a stroller she only sit in 4 like 5mins. She wnts 2 get out run around and everything. I tryed tlk n 2 her and spanking her it don't wk. I give her snackes, I tryed everything! And when she don't get her way she cries until she get wht she wnts. Plz give me some tips on 2 get her behave when we goes out?

ninanene29

Asked by ninanene29 at 3:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter was that age, she was either in a backpack or on a leash. She never liked being in the stroller.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• try holding her hand or getting a backpack leash and letting her walk with you....most 2 year olds have way to much energy to set stil for longer than 5 min.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• why not just let her walk. I've never thought about the backpacks with leashes but it is a great idea.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Don't give in by giving her what she wants. That only teaches her to keep whining.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thxs everyone 4 the tips. Well buy a backpack wit leash. Is this a stage she goin through? And will she grow out of it?
    ninanene29

Answer by ninanene29 at 8:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Please if you are going to ask for advice - use FULL words so we can understand you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• She will only grow out of it if YOU make her grow out of it. You have to be the parent and set boundaries and make her listen. Do not issue empty threats. If you tell her you are going to spank her, you better be prepared to do just that... even if it means leaving your purchases right there at the check out and going out to the car. You issue her 1 warning, then follow through.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2010