My Son is almOst 7 monThs old and is StartiNg to want to crawl!

He is trying to crawl but every time is flat on his tummy he gets mad and just kicks his feet adn gets really mad untill someone picks him up! Is there anything i can do to help him crawl or at least get on to his knees? and or to at least roll over more than he does?

O and is there anything that i can to help him learn to sit up!?!?
Help!!! Please!!

TJ89

Asked by TJ89 at 4:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need to do anything. Put some toys on the floor and leave the baby to do his thing (put some near and some far). Pick him up when he gets tired....don't leave him to cry for 30 minutes like someone suggested. I wouldnever do that. If I were a parapalegic and someome one left me frustrated on the floor for thirty minutes I'd fire them and report them immediately!

Don't force him on his hands and knees either, that can really backfire and make a baby extremely frustrated and upset. Babies will sit on their own and some babies NEVER crawl (crawling is not a milestone). Daiper free time helps (less bulk).

What does help, is to limit time in baby containers like jumpers and bouncers -- the tend to put a lot of pressure on the hips and spine before babies are developmentally ready-- the best baby accessory is your floor and arms. It takes time for them to build muscle strength and coordination.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• For crawling put toy and his bottle a little away, for sitting up I found those floor mat toys with the toys above him. I let mine cry out his frustration for at least 30 mins before picking him up. Bash me if you want it works. GOOD LUCK give it time.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I Try the toy thing and he Loves it till he hits his face on the floor... but i'll keep at it! and ill try the floor mat i have one but its lost in our room lol! Thanks for the Help! Ill give it time!!!
    TJ89

Answer by TJ89 at 4:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If he doesnt get on his knees then he isnt trying to crawl.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Stop picking him up and leave him on the floor is one thing you can do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Put hour hands behind his feet so he has something to push off of. You can also position him on his hands & knees then move his legs so that he gets the idea of it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Just give him time. One day, he'll just start crawling, and he'll astound you!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2010