Opinion: Kids/Drinking

Ok, this is just a question. I am curious to see what you all have to say...

Say if you are/were a single mom and if you were dating someone and you both decide to take a trip to visit your bf's step family would you leave your children with the stepmom and go down to a bar and get drunk. . . Keep in mind this is the first time you are meeting the step family.

I promise this is not me, however I know a story about this happening but there is a lot more to the story.

ilybaby8609

Asked by ilybaby8609 at 4:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• No but I'm not very trusting, and hardly ever get drunk.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If the boy friend trusts the stepmom. I would leave my kid/s with her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No. I wouldn't leave my child with someone he and I just met, especially not so I can go out drinking. Maybe if it were an emergency, but not to go to a bar. The only people I've ever left my son with are my parents or my in laws. I haven't even left him with his Aunts and Uncles yet! I just can't imagine bringing my child to a place he has never been, and leaving him with people he's never met and leaving him there all alone to go out for drinks. I imagine that would be very upsetting for him.

Also, I hate bars. I don't mind having a couple of friends over and having a few drinks at home when no one has to leave and drive home drunk - but I really hate bars.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• hell no....if this is someone she is just dating, and not in a long term relationship with, hell no i wouldnt. i dont think i would have even brought my kids to meet them unless they were about to be related to them! it took about a year before i felt comfortable letting my daughter stay with my boyfriends mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Not a choice I would make.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2010