pregnancy issues...

This is my 3rd pregnancy and so far I have experienced extreme nausea (I am 15 weeks) to the point that I can barely eat more than twice daily (I am on Zofran which helps some), extreme body aches (feels like cramping and what not) and extreme constipation. I am pretty sure the cramping is due to my constipation but I was wondering if there was anything safe to take during pregnancy to ease it or should I talk to my doctor?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• stool softener. Not a laxative, just a softener. I had to take extra iron, which can cause constipation and when i started it my dr recommended that I go ahead and take a stool softener every day with the iron pill.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• more water. dehydration can cause musle cramps and consiptation. Also fruit might help. Are you getting your 3-5 a day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Oh I am so sorry I feel ya LOL I am pregnant with number 3 too and feel the same way. Drink more water and instead of taking meds for the constipation just eat green grapes, watermelon, plums, or prunes. Those are natural laxatives. They work so much better and safer than meds.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• colace NOT peri-colace.. I made the mistake and peri- is a laxitive....
    Also eat cereal with a lot of fiber.. I eat rasin nut bran and it works great for me! also pruns I eat 3 to 4 debpending on how bad the night b4 and the next day usually works! gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I took B12 for my nausea and that seemed to help somewhat. I don't remember what I drank but whatever it was cleared out my 'system' really well. (I know that was probably TMI, but my constipation was horrible after I had my twins)
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 10:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2010