Why don't some women wash their hair everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You don't have to wash your hair everyday.
    Every time you wash it you are stripping your hair of the natural oils, which for most can be a bad thing.
    I wash mine every other day unless I have done something that makes my hair dirty and requires daily washing.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It dries out for some. Also not everyone gets greasy hair in one day...
    In honesty I can go 3 days before greasy hair, but I wash every other day or it dries out and my head gets itchy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You don't have an AA friends do you??
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I wash mine out everyday because mine gets greasy by the end of the day. some don't because they think it makes for healthier hair...which I beg to differ, but that's my opinion :)
    Some mother's don't have the time....I usually don't when my kids are born and i'm getting used to having another addition. I"m lucky then if I wash my hair every other day or every three days.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You don't have an AA friends do you??

What? Come again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You don't have to be black.
    I am as white as they get and if I wash my hair daily my head gets so dry that I get dandruff. IT actually is painful so I wash every other day and it is just fine. My sister has to wash every 3 -4 days because if she washes any more than that her hair becomes so dry it breaks off.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Not everyone needs to wash their hair everyday! Not everyone has the same hair type. Sometimes, it CHANGES. In high school, I wouldn't dream of going a day without washing my hair, cuz it got soooo greasy! As I've gotten older, my hair can stand not being washed for one day. I still wash my behind, my poosy, and my pits every day, for hygiene.
    My daughter and my son, biracial-they CAN'T have their hair washed every day, because it will dry out and break-even with the best of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. They get washed up daily, but take a full bath or shower only once or twice a week to wash their hair.
    Anonymous

• maybe you really mean why do some PEOPLE not wash their hair every day. There are men and kids too who don't wash their hair every day not only women who don't wash their hair every day. Hair should be washed every two to three days regularly and more often when sweaty, bad dandruff.

I don't think someone who washed their hair no matter sex or age on a Sunday must wash it on Monday, that doesn't make sense if their hair is clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Washing your hair every day is terrible for it. It strips all the sebum from your scalp and and hair. Without it, your hair and scalp dry out, your hair becomes brittle, and it breaks more easily. If your hair gets greasy if you skip a day of washing it's because you've abused it so badly the glands that produce the sebum are in the habit of overproducing to attempt to counteract all the damage you do. Live with it for a few days, then get in the habit of washing it 3 times a week and it won't be greasy anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Because it is very drying and damaging. Unless you have excessively oily hair, you should not wash everyday.

I wash mine once or twice a week and it's never been healthier!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010