Does anyone else hate...

Their glass or ceramic cooktop??!!!!!!!!!!

I despise this thing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My parents had a glass cooktop when I was living at home and I hated that thing, which is why I have a gas stove with sealed burners now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• LOL Why? Is it scrathched? I have an electric and when I first started cooking, I burned everything....AHHH!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It takes forever to clean it!

Temperature change is sooooo slow!
    Things get too done even when you gturned the temp down 3 minutes ago, still too hot!

Don't buy one!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• For an electric stove, I like ours a lot. Way better than the coil type electric stoves. But I would much rather have a gas stove.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I know.
    Gas is the way to go.
    I never appreciated it when I was home with Mom.

We're a little afraid of having gas anything in the house.I can see me or my kid leaving it on without a flame.
    Boom.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I use norwex stovetop cleaner - its a gritty cream stuff that takes all the marks and crud off.

I like mine better than the electric element one, but I'd kill for a gas range!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No, I LOVE mine, but I have a fairly new Induction cooktop (acts more like gas than standard electric).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ive had one for nearly 10 yrs and never had a problem with it. It still looks almost like new too.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 10:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had a glass cooktop stove and hated it, it was also hard for the kids to learn how to cook because they couldn't really control the heat like you can with gas..also the fact that the only way to know it's hot is by a little red dot...I found it to be a pain in the butt. I will never trade my gas stove for anything, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yes, I hate mine. The stove is actually very pretty and matches the other appliances, they came with the house. But I prefer gas stoves or cooktops. The ceramic stovetops never come completely clean like I would like them to be. The temperature controls should say On and Off and that's it, there is no such thing as low or simmer with that type of heat.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2010