Would this make you mad?

I was so mad awhile ago well as I am typing this I am calming down...aarrgg!!!
As I was getting the kids ready this morning ( 6&8) they were dragging butt this morning usually Ihave no problem but for some reason my 8 yr. old was being a pest as I was dropping them off at school I said give mommy a good kiss right now bc sometimes we are next in line to drop them off and don't get a kiss but a really quick and short one (better than nothing) anyway my 8 yr. old decides to jump in front of my 6 yr. old (cutting) it pissed me off bc by now I had had enough I actually had to yell at the top of my lungs (enough is enough) as we drove off I appologized but still why does it have to go that far for them to listen to me or give them a spanking after so many warnings....
Just venting.....
I know they are just kids but...really.
I am ok now thanks for listening :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL! Its a sibling rivalry thing and YES it is very irksome! I go through that regularly with my son and daughter and EVERYONE I know that has more than one child also has to deal with it. For us it comes and goes. I am amazed that your kids are 6 and 8 and you've never had an issue like this before!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• maybe he is jealous of his sister about something... because that is how kids lash out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My four year old does that! When we get up in the mornings it's the same routine... after dressing we brush teeth. Well, she will push and shove to get past her 2 year old sister to get to the bathroom first to be the first one to get her teeth brushed. Or she will push and shove to be first to get out the door, down the hallway and such. I hate it and I constantly tell her we don't push and shove in our house and we take turns. I try to explain to her that sometimes her little sister may want to go first too just like she does, but she STILL does it! Ugh! It is aggrivating and I've caught myself raising my voice at her and making her wait to go second because of the behavior.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ahh the joys of Mother Hood lol. Just wait till they hit puberty, talk about good times lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I know what you mean this morning my 12 yr old son took his shower 1st and my 7 yr old was second so of course when the 7 yr old came out my oldest went in locked the door and brushed his hair and teeth and OF COURSE it was a little too long of a wait for my 7 yr old so he started kicking and pounding on the bathroom door and screaming LET ME IN!!! Trust me it's normal..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Its normal, no need to yell at the top of your lungs about. Sounds like you have no patience and need to learn to breath, and talk calmly. They are only kids!
    Anonymous

• Spanking after so many warnings, having to yell in order for them to LISTEN! We all have had that happen! Although I will be honest and say when I AM more consistent and when I do NOT tolerate warning after warning they do better. In other words, if am FIRM with the rules I don't have to repeat myself and I get the behavior I expect 90% of the time. FIRM doesn't have to mean yelling or spanking, it just mean they get 1 warning and if it happens again there is a consequence for their actions: NO TV, NO PS2, NO toys, canceled play dates, leaving where ever we are and going home NOW, No swimming, No...whatever it is that I can take away from them to show that I mean business. Sometimes it means a spanking because I have nothing else I can take from them. Of course that means I have to be consistent and make sure there is always a consequence for their actions, but there are times that I am lazy. When I'm lazy things are the worst
    Anonymous