contractions question

is there a difference between certain contractions? i mean ive gone through labor before but im 24 weeks, and my last pregnancy i didnt have any strong contractions until i was 42 weeks when they had to induce me. but i just had a couple of contractions where i'd feel them through my whole stomach area ... but I've been kinda stressed out the past week. I've been feeling a lot of movement though... so I know the baby is still alive. i was just wondering if it is normal to be feeling them this soon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt them sooner with my second. I wonder if it is just because I now know what they are? As long as they aren't coming somewhat regularly you are probably just fine! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Braxton hicks and labor ones are different. If you have been stressed that can too cause contractions. Try laying back and drinking LOTS of water. Dehydration can be the issue too. My Dr. always told me to lay on my left side for an hour and drink water, that should make everything ok. If it doesn't go away then to go to the ER or the Dr. office. Yes it is normal. I had braxton hicks with my second as early as 25 weeks,

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yeah, same as above...as long as they are not regular for more than an hour you are ok. However if they are regular and come fore more than an hour consistently then call your doctor, just to be safe. Good luck.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• my first one started at 23 weeks with the Braxton hicks and with my 2nd baby they started at 13 weeks... I drank as much water as possible and it still didn't help them any.. I started drinking gateraid (spelling?) and it works great, as long as i keep drinking that I only get maybe one an hour, b4 that it got up to as 1 every 10 mins...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• probably braxton hicks
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2010