i just need a day to myself! I'm going crazy! :(

I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old, and i am home with them all day everyday. My 2 month old's swing died, so now i have to rock him in our recliner, ALL DAY, or else he isn't happy. When my hubby gets home, i have to get my workout in, and then do my school work that i didn't get done all day because i've been rocking the baby and trying to keep my 2 year old entertained, and i wish i could just have a day with both of the kids GONE. but, grandma and grandpa live in a different state right now. I swear im ready to go crazy :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• On your hubby's next day off, YOU take off. And I would NOT keeping rocking your 2 month old, setting up for bad habbits lol. When your hub isn't working, he should play dad for a day so you can have some time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Oh hun I am so sorry, do you have a neighbor? Can you get DH to watch them noth on the weekend and you go out and get a massage or something?
    I know it is stressful,I hope you get some you time soon!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Invest in a wrap or ring sling and GO OUT. Your walking action is a rocking action and babies like to get out and about and I'm sure your two year old would like it. Daily life is fine entertainment. What we find mundane they find endlessly wonderful.

Go. Get out. Get on with life. For your sanity. Leave. The . House.

You can wear the baby in the house too so you can get your schoolwork done and other chores done at the same time. Incorporate the kids into your daily life. You and they will love it and be better for it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• what kind of sling would you recommend? and how long can they stay in it, weight, age?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i was just looking at moby wraps, it kid of looks like the baby could fall out the bottom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i love my maya wrap! it works great my son loved it
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No they won't fall out the bottom. Moby's/robozos/spoc have a learning curve but are the most versatile and can go from infant to toddler. Moby's are stretcher and require some adjusments after the initial wrap, BUT it is very forgiving for new learners. It's what I've used since day onem(but I'm ready to graduate to a less stretch wrap now). Mei Tai are easy, but I found it awkward for a newborn but love it now that she has better torso control at 5 months (I've even done a back carry!). Ring slings are popular as they are easier to adjust than moby style wraps. It's a matter of preference.      I really dislike the "pouch slings" they aren't versatile and don't carry the babies right.

Try here: http://www.thebabywearer.com/index.php?page=choosinglinks

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010