help !! potty questions ..

my son is 3 years old now .. he starts jk in sept and i am trying desperately to get him potty trained before then ... the only prob is .. sometimes he wants to sometimes he dosnt.

All the signs are there , he tells me he is wet , he even pees on his own sometimes ! we made charts , we bribed .. im running out of ideas .. he seems to get it for 2 days or so .. they he just gives up and wants nothing to do with it.

any ideas ? that i havnt thought of ??

thank u

carina_84

Asked by carina_84 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What are you doing when he "gives up"? If you're going back to the diapers, that's your problem. If he's able to do it for 2 days at a time, then diapers shouldn't be an option. If you're willing to diaper him again for convenience or whatever, then he has learned that you don't take it that seriously, so why should he? I don't mean that to sound harsh at all... but sometimes I think people are so afraid of "pushing" before kids are "ready" (he's ready! he can do it) that they don't hold their kids accountable. You may have to be ready for some accidents, but you need to send him a clear message.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010