Ok, my eldest potty trained like a dream, but my middle daughter is 3 now and everything i have tried with her has failed, i need ideas please (:

Kitty9

Asked by Kitty9 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you have tried the 3 day method- take her every half hour the first day, no diapers, and if she is dry at night. Then all I can think of is to back off and try again in 3-4 months. Praise her when she uses the potty. No comment when she doesn't, other than while changing her perhaps say something such as oh dear that must feel icky, too bad you didn't use the potty.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• my daughter will be 3 in april and she goes sometimes not all the time i giver her mms and stickers tyry to help her give her something to play with books something she can sit down and play with why she is sitting there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Some children just develop later. Don't be discouraged. Buy her some pretty panties and take off the diapers. They don't like ruining their pretty panties (plus it feels awful to have wet or soiled panties!) so it won't take long to get her to use the potty.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i'm going through this as well. my first was potty trained by 2 years, 1 week. this goob will be 3 in october and is being sabotaged every other weekend by a father who is trying to control my parenting. lol. i would recommend not buying anymore diapers, and spend a few days at the house with potty trainee. no diapers, no panties, no pants. just running around. ask every 30 minutes or so if she needs to go to the bathroom... if she says no, put her on the potty every hour. this worked for mine. but make sure you don't go back to diapers! that confuses them... trust me...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't know that I have any ideas but I'm in the same boat you are (except this is my first time) so you aren't alone! My son is will be 3 in April and has limited interest in the potty. Right now I put him one as many times a day as I can get him to sit without hauling him kicking and screaming. I have special books he can only look at on the potty. I've put him in underpants (with pull-ups over them to limit cleanup) and he couldn't care less if they're wet. He'll happily announced that he's peed on whatever character is on his underwear.. He hates when they're poopy and will, unfortunately, tkae them off himself if I dont' move fast enough.. Ick.. I've heard about letting them go without anything but the one time my son escaped from the bathroom without a diaper, he promptly peed on the family room floor.. We'll keep trying..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• The only thing that worked with my almost 4 year old son was telling him he was the boss of his pee and poop. Really.

I blogged about it here, it's too long to write in this little block.

jms124

Answer by jms124 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010