Toddler bed or Twin Bed?

Im going to be transitioning my daughter from a crib to a bed. Do you think I shoiuld go ahead and get her a toddler bed or a twin?

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• toddler bed if she is not potty trained i did that to my daughter and get the gates for the side so she wont fall out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Twin. You can always get rails for the side and a plastic matress cover.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My kids all went into a toddler bed. I guess I could have done a twin bed at that age, but my in laws bought a car bed for my oldest. I passed it to my sisters kids and she bought a second one. She was done with them about them time I needed them again, so my two toddlers have the car beds now.
    I like a toddler bed because their room is small and toddler beds save room. My LO's LOVE the car beds, not only because they are cars, but because they are cozy because they have a roof.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• We're doing twin. We don't see any point in buying 2 beds.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• We never got a toddler bed, we just used a twin and bought a railing. We thought it was a good way to save some money and we bought cute sheets. I sewed a cover for the rail that matched my kids rooms. Its really up to you though, either is fine.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I use toddler beds because it's already a huge change to move from a crib to a bed and sometimes little kids get scared when in a huge bed.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Twin Bed . And if you dont want to invest those expensive bed rails here is a tip . Get pool noodles and put them under the fitted sheet on either side of the bed . It keeps them from rolling out of the bed for only about 2 bucks.
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Get pool noodles and put them under the fitted sheet on either side of the bed

Awesome idea!! With my 1st, we bought him a toddler bed. We didn't want to spend money on a new bed, mattress, and linens. We got a one for $40 at Walmart. Our 2nd is still in her crib, but she's going to go straight to a twin bed (we bought a twin bed for her room which is also our guest room). We have a rail we're going to put up and hopefully it will go well.
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 10:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• We recieved a free toddler bed plus her crib converted.... However if I had to buy one I'd get a twin! When first transitioning, put the matress on the floor so it's not such a fall if they roll off.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I used a toddler bed for mine because we already had the mattress and the toddler bed is cheaper and lower to the ground.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2010