Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im 7 months pregnant. and my boyfriend/baby's father. treats me bad. he cosntantly ridicules and blames me for everything that gone wrong in the relationship. he has a girl as a close friend. and then he ignores me for days before he will call or i will call. what should i do? should wait and see if he changes once the baby arrives or should i just prepare myself for the worst and start to make plans for just my baby and myself?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • I would pack up and leave he is no good for you just start your life with you and your baby he obviously don't care just disappear from him and I bet he'll come running if he truly loves you. Sounds like he need some growing up to do. I wish I could tell you some comforting words.good luckMove on with ur life


    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Darlin' he's not going to change. He's is how he is.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Tell him to go ahead and live with his other girlfriend. Make plans to do this on your own. Make sure you get all his info however you need to do it. His Social Security number. His birthday. And his mother's maiden name-so that you can file for child support and/or sole custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • He won't get better after the baby's birth. He will get worse. Having a crying baby just adds stress to a relationship. If the relationship is shakey to start with, adding a baby will just be the last straw.

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • He isn't going to get better. It sucks but you may very well end up a single mother for awhile. Get as much info on him as you can. Social security number is a good thing to have in case you have to file for child support. Though if he is any thing like my POS ex he will either work under the table or just not work.


    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • He won't change after the baby gets here. If anything, men usually get worse. Honey, if he cannot treat you with respect now, what makes you think he will in the future? You cannot change a man, he can only change himself. And if he does not want to change, then you really need to leave before you make your life even more difficult.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • start making arrangements for child support

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Make arrangements for child support and take care of yourself. DON'T have unprotected sex with the man either, if you get an STD now it could kill the baby.


    Answer by -xoxo- at 11:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • I hate to say it, but if he is being such a jerk to you now and treating you like crap, I really don't think he will get any better once the baby is born. I think your best bet is to get all the information you need on him and start paperwork going for custody and child support and then dump his sorry ass. I wish you luck.

    Answer by MizLee at 11:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • i have 2 daughters who both had their first-born without the fathers being around...they worked full time jobs...and then came home to take care of their kids...the fathers? denied it was his...the other chose not to be around....there's nothing wrong with being a single can do it...and have a happy child...just do yourself a favor...once you make the decision to do it on your own...don't look deserve way better than what he's giving you...and so does your baby..~S~


    Answer by lindaf2010 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010