Another major food recall?

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/HVPCP/

Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Product Recalls
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is actively investigating findings of Salmonella Tennessee in hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP) manufactured by Basic Food Flavors, Inc., in Las Vegas, NV. HVP is a flavor enhancer used in a wide variety of processed food products, such as soups, sauces, chilis, stews, hot dogs, gravies, seasoned snack foods, dips, and dressings. It is often blended with other spices to make seasonings that are used in or on foods.

This is the website with the list of recalled products, and they just added Jose Ole (and other brands) of taquitos and quesadillas this morning.

Do you have any of these in your home? I just bought a McCormicks gravy mix, but luckily I decided to get the brown gravy mix instead of the onion gravy.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I saw that last week already, and checked the list - thank goodness I've never heard of most of the stuff, and wouldn't buy what I have heard of anyway! I buy very little convenience food and it seems to be mainly in that type of stuff. I'll keep checking but so far we have nothing to worry about in our house!
    Anonymous

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't have any of those food items. But then, I'm allergic to soy so we have very few hydrogenated proteins in the house any way.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had no idea that hydrogenated proteins were soy. Nothing to do with my question I know, but good to know.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2010