Do you need a supportive maternity or post partum girdle?

drop3sizesqueen

Asked by drop3sizesqueen at 10:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never used one when I had my babies in my 20s - my body was younger and the skin bounced back quickly. After my 4th (born when I was 35) I lost the weight quickly, but my body took a while to catch up with the weight loss, but it was winter so it wasn't as important. Now I'm due with my 5th in July (I will be 36) and am planning to get some Spanx to wear between when I lose the weight and when my body gets back to "normal" size. But I don't know that it's a NEED, just a WANT.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I used one for about a week because I had a c-section and it helped with the soreness in my recovery.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i used a maternity support belt thing only when i traveled to germany. i never used it any other time, and i didn't have any post partum thing. i used it for the germany trip to try to stay comfortable and keep circulation good.
    Anonymous