Does nipple stimulation work at 41 weeks

I can not take it no more HELP hahaha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well first and for most babies come when they are ready. Your not technically over due until 42 weeks.

That being said nipple stimulation can trigger labor because of the hormones it releases BUT it should absolutely NOT be done unless you are being supervised by a midwife or doctor (make sure your doctor is experienced in this because many are NOT. It is rare, though, to find a midwife that is not experienced with this).

Nipple stimulation can cause VERY strong and dangerous contractions much like the drug Pitocin can. That's why it needs to be supervised so the strength of the contractions and the baby's heart rate can be monitored.

Google "Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean." It's GUARENTEED to put you into labor and has worked for many women. And hey if it doesn't work it's not risky to you or the baby and it's SUPER YUMMY!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thanks !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Here's the link to the recipe for Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ooh thanks so much :-)))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I tried it at 41 weeks, it gave me intense but short contractions, they were coming every 5- 10 minutes I think but only lasting 30 seconds. Then they would get farther and farther apart and then go away completely, I would do the nipple stimulation again and the same thing would happen (I read to do it every 3 hours). I gave up on it, but I did have my baby a day and a half later (10 days overdue) so I don't know if it helped or if I would have had him that day anyway. I have another friend who said it worked for her, the non-stress test showed her baby having some distress and the doctor was going to induce her, she wanted to be induced naturally if at all possible and it worked she didn't need any pitocin or anything.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• That's really interesting about the eggplant, I looked at the website. If I could possibly remember this by the time I have my next child I'll try it. I went into labor at a restaurant with my first, I can't remember what I ordered though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• YES! So does walking the baby out and eating spicy food with a tums chaser! You can get an inexpensive manual breast pump from Walmart for about $30.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 10:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• thanks ladies I am just so tired and sore I'm 2cm dil and just ready to see my feet again lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010