Why do you think women that are already in business or working from home do not step out and try a new business?

drop3sizesqueen

Asked by drop3sizesqueen at 10:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• If they like their job why would they want to switch? I worked somewhere where I really liked it, I could have gotten paid more at another place, but I didn't switch. Just because I liked the place I was at.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Some of us are comfortable right where we are. If you have a job or business that is going smoothly and paying your bills it might not be worth disrupting that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I work at home. I make great money and only work part time. Why in the world would I want to get another job?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Maybe they are happy with what they are doing. I know if I were working and I was happy with that job I wouldnt leave it for something else unless it was a too good to turn down offer that would benefit my family.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Well, I think it depends on what they are doing. If they found something that works for them, why switch. But if they haven't found one that works, in my experience, they will keep looking and try something new once in a while.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i work from home and love it but because of all the scams going around no one will even listen to what i have to say .. i wish people would listen because they would be as happy as i am.. and i wouldnt change anything so others may feel the same!
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 11:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I honestly think that people don't want to get started in another business because they are already seeing bad results w/ what they are already doing, and affraid of it failing again. I am doing my own business which started off great, and is not doing so well because one the economy and two there are so many reps in my area. I have thought about trying something else, but because of the economy, I'm just not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree, that they may already be happy doing what they're doing. Switching might not be something that's in the cards for them.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 11:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If they are happy doing what they do and happy with the money then why switch?
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I work from home and love it but I am always up for something new. I love to learn about other things but they have to keep my attention.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010