Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do for a deadbeat dad? if he works under the table and constantly boast how will lie to the judge and tell the him that he is broke and has no money. when in reality he does have money he just says that to avoid paying support. what would be the average a judge would make a man like that pay? and he already has 2 other children on support?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I would get a job myself and move on. He sounds like a total loser and if you push the child support issue, he may push for visitation. My mom supported five kids with no child support and no welfare.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Find a way to take pictures of him working! Send someone you know to where he works. Have him investigated. If he gets SSI or SSD, he could get bagged for fraud! You can still get CS if he is on SSI/SSD.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Tape recordings are admissible in family court, EVEN when taken without the opposing party's consent. It is only in CRIMINAL court that you can not use a recording that has been taken without consent (unless with a subpoena).

    Get the sorry sack-o-crap to say it out loud, and be clandestine about recording it. Try getting him to acknowledge his name, or say something that would identify him so that he can not claim that he was not the one who was recorded.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • I had to wait 30 yrs to get money from mine who did the same thing. He still works under the table but now he's married and his wife has to pay it or he goes to jail. Never give up. Don't depend on the money but never give up receiving it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • My oldest is now 13 and i just started getting child support. and he is already behind. That man will owe me for the rest of his life at the rate he's going. When you go to court he will owe something. and your income is figured into the amount. (the more you make the more he has to pay also :) So budget yourself on your income and treat you and the kids when you do get money. My daughter now goes skating and treats her friends and has an I-Touch from the money i've gotten and spent on her! and now when she starts track in a few weeks I will get her the best track shoes and work out clothes cuz I just got his income tax return! LOL.

    It will all catch up with him and so focus on what you can do now and remember he will owe you for a VERY VERY long time if he doesnt straighten up now.

    Answer by roxyann76 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • I think you should devote this time to find a good paying job or in the mean time apply for assistance to get you and your child back on track. Like others have said, don't rely on the child support you may never see for years. Leave the loser be. He will get what is coming to him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • I would not worry about it. If he does not want to pay choild support. He does not want to see his kids.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • Louise- support and visitation are, or at least should be , two different things...

    Nail him... My ex tried the something similar. He had a nother girl pregnant and went on mat leave the day before his expense sheet info stuff was due to the court. figured that way he could say that he couldnt afford much if anything as he was only earning minimal...

    I agree with the recording thing... that and photos of him working. Aside from somehow having his name in the recording make sure that it can be dated somehow though. I had to go that route myself with some of our court stuff and it was my Saviour in terms of getting things straight to the judge. he tried to deny however that the recording i had made was made when it was. luckily I had date relateed info in the convo that proved him wrong. so yeah ... do wha toyu must...

    as the others said dont count on actually receiving the money though... consider it savings for later GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

  • To me it is. That is what I would tell the court.


    Answer by louise2 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010