Can taking Vitex bring back my fertility? (I'm breastfeeding)

I posted this a couple of days ago but didn't really get any answers so I wanted to try asking again.

I'm nursing my 8 month old son but my DH and I would like to TTC in the next few months.

I'm one of those women who doesn't ovulate while breastfeeding. This has been confirmed with both charting and blood work at the doctor.

A friend of mine told me to take Vitex. I read that it's safe while BF and that it actually increases milk supply as well as increases fertility but will it still work if I'm breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• To clarify- I read it helps with fertility in women who aren't breastfeeding but I couldn't find anything about whether it helped women who are.

Sorry I realized that wasn't completely clear.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't think it would hurt to try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I've never heard of it. As long as it's safe for a nursing mom, I might give it a shot.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010