My 14 month old doesn't eat

My DS is 14 months old. I am still Bf'ing (almost exclusively) he doesn't eat "meals" yet...he might have a few bites of our food at meal times and I'll offer him some cheerio's or fruit for snacks but he will only eat a couple cheerios or two to three bites of fruit. Since he is still bfing is this okay? My family keeps getting on to me about how he needs to be eating more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm BFing my 3rd child, so one BFing mommy to another, you need to listen to your family. Your child should be eating 3 meals a day with snacks. BM should be secondary to food now in his diet. To give you a guide, at 14 months my children BF when they woke in the morning, BF before nap & BF before bed. The rest of the day they ate food and drank water.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I nursed all 5 of my children and I will say at that age, they were eating much more than your child. I think you should slowly but diligently start intorducing foods. yogurt etc. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 4:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010