Is it normal to throw up a little bit of blood when you have morning sickness?

This is my third pregnancy and i've been suffering from a pretty nasty case of morning sickness in which i pretty much just feel like throwing up all the time but only actually do occasionally. his morning i actually threw up, but there was nothing in my stomache. The tiniest amount if blood came up as well. Is this normal or should i be really worried?

MommyOfFive2010

Asked by MommyOfFive2010 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are throwing up a lot it is perfectly normal. The constant throwing up with nothing on your stomach is bad on your esophagus lining and can cause you to throw up blood. As long as it is not an excessive amount you should be fine.

theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 6:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No, it is never normal to throw up blood. Call your dr ASAP.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• There could be some irritation that might be normal but I'd tell my doctor anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• That's not normal. Call your doctor.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• could just be irritation along the esophagus and back of throat. even if you haven't thrown up a lot, irritation could be caused by dry heaves bc some of the stomach acid gets into the esophagus and back of throat and cause some erosion which will cause some blood to show up.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2010