3500 calories=1lb?

So if I want to lose 2lbs in a week, I have to burn 7000 calories? Thats a LOT of walking and running... 1000 calories worth a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 3,500 calories = 1 pound. SO ... if you eat that much EXTRA in one week, you'll gain a lb. If you drop 500 calories per day, you should lose 1 lb in a week (500 x 7 days a week = 3,500).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• you would be surprised how many calories you burn just doing nothing. I have a body bugg, and i burn close to 2500 calories just doing nothing all day, so if you only eat 1500 calories a day, and are looking for a deficit of around 1500 a day, thats only 500 more calories you need to burn.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• hey NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy -are those body buggs all they are cracked up to me? I've wondered about getting one- wondered if they were worth the money-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You need to burn more calories than you eat each day to lose.
    Anonymous

• By the way, get a good night's sleep...you burn a lot of calories in your sleep you know!
    Anonymous

• Break up the calories through diet and excercise....250-300 through working out and the other half through your diet.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• they are pretty cool, i wear mine everyday just because i bought it and it was expensive, but i really don't see the point in wearing it after the first week or two once you know your daily average of calories,because if you have the same routine everyday, and eat pretty much the same everyday you know what you need to do and how much to exercise. And you have to pay the monthly fee for the online part, which sucks. So i dunno, it depends i guess.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have a bodybugg as well and I've used it since December. I wear it every day.. I take it off to shower and that is it. I like knowing how many calories I am burning and seeing just how many steps I take in a day. When we bought ours they had a deal that included the website for 6 months and after that it is $15 a month.
    Mine is set for a 2000 calorie burn and a 1500 consumption daily. That is to lose 1 lb per week, I usually lose 2 lbs though. (except for the past 2 weeks... only .7 and .2...) I'm hoping for more this week...
    I run on the treadmill, do P90, strength training, push ups, crunches, jumping jacks and go to the gym.I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 7. I also play outside with the girls if it's nice kicking the ball around and riding bikes.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010