Is it normal to get a sore throat before you have your baby?

I woke up with a sore throat, i dont know why really. I was fine all day yesterday and night. My nose was dry and it had some dry blood. I do get sore throats in the morning sometimes when i wake up and dry nose before pregnancy all the time. dont know if its allergies or something. Im 36 weeks 6 days along right now. Is it the pregnancy or just something that happens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sure you'll be fine just gargle with Listerine I mean just bc you are pregnant does not mean you body is not going to get sick just ask your doctor on how to treat it only bc you want to becareful on what medication is ok with being pregnant. Hope u feel better.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thanks but im not using listerine lol or asking a doctor. i have a midwife and this is going to be a homebirth. Im very much into being all natural. i will gargle with warm water and salt instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I can't see where it would have a connection with the pregnancy but I use warm salt water for a sore throat as well. Think about using a Neti Pot for cleaning out your nasal cavities too. Sometimes things get into your throat that way as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Then ask your midwife, same difference.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2010