BEST COVERTABLE CARSEAT FOR 100 or under???????????

I need your feed back I have 100 budget max I am looking for a car seat that will accomadate a child 10 to 60 lbs we take frequent road trips that are 5-7 hours at a time so it needs to be comfortable.What to ya have for me!!!!

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 11:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They have some good ones at walmart that are under 100. They even sell ones i can fit my butt into and i gota say they were pretty comfy (as long as your legs don't touch the floor LOL!) Here are a few. And there's only a 97 cent shipping charge to home!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=car+seats&search_constraint=5427&tab_value=150_All&ic=48_0&ref=+125863.129271+501428.4292612510&search_sort=4&selected_items=+

check those ones out! I own two of the cheapest girly ones for my girls. And they love them. I've also taken my youngest on a 36 hour car trip in the Cosco Scenera, and sh did really well!

MommyOfFive2010

Answer by MommyOfFive2010 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You can go with the safety first model. Avoid Graco. Though if you upped yout budget youcould get a True Fit (which is a better seat) for under 160 dollars.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• The Cosco Scenera is a good choice too.
    amileegirl

• cosco scenera its $55
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• got mine at walmart. under $100....

safety first alpha omega. great little seat
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had an Alpha Omega Elite and it wasn't great. The FF harness weight only goes up to 40lbs. I've heard good things about the Cosco Serena. If you cold stretch your budget a little more, the Graco Myride 65 is really nice. I just bought it for DD and it was on sale at Walmart for $145.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 12:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If you can go up to around $130-$160, I would get one of the following: First Years True Fit, Graco Myride 65, Evenflo Triumph Advance. They all go up to 65lbs. and will last until your child is old enough for a booster. If you really need to stay under 100, get either the Cosco Scenera, or the Safety 1st Uptown/Avenue. These only go up to 40lbs. but if your child outgrows them before they are old enough for a booster you can get another seat at that time.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• my Primary Carseat is the true fit and HE LOVES IT but I have a daycare and I trnsport kids on occassion that I have to get seats for and I figured it would be a good time to get a second seat for my son at the same time for my husbands truck since he won't ever take my care any where and moving the seat we have is a pain but because I have to buy Two seats I have to keep the money part down I will sure check out the ones you suggested THANKS
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 1:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010