How do you take a baby on a public bus?

Since there are carseat laws, do you have to haul a carseat around everywhere? I don't get it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Since there are carseat laws, do you have to haul a carseat around everywhere? I don't get it!

There are car seat laws for kindergartners, too. But they ride a school bus with no seatbelts in my state. Public transportation is no different, I would imagine..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It is car seat not bus seat. Call your transportation authority and ask what their rules are. Besides the loser in a car accident is the smaller vehicle. Unless the bus rolls over you are probably good.
    Anonymous

• I know that even in a taxi our kids didn't have to have carseats, because honestly what are you going to do, carry the carseat everywhere with you? With 2 kids aged 5 and 6, in Hawaii on vacation, there was no way we were carting carseats everywhere.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You don't have to use a carseat on a bus, but who doesn't carry their tiny baby around in a car seat all the time anyway?
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No. They just sit on your lap. You can wear a sling. PP, if you live in a city and are walking around and need a bus, you wouldn't be lugging a car seat around. Maybe a stroller.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• A baby backpack or other carrier is easiest. A stoller is WAY too much trouble.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010