How can I get ink out of clothes?

my 16 1/2 month old loves pens, and finds them in places I didn't even know they we're there.. She has them hidden threw out my house and has ruined two brand new pairs of clothes.

Is there anything I can put on them to get rid of the ink.. or am I just going to have to put them as play clothes?

ramzmomma

Asked by ramzmomma at 11:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• oxi clean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I'd google it, but I seem to remember a episode of 'how clean is your house' where they said using hair spray on it then blotting it gets it out-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• HAIR SPRAY AND LOTS OF IT!! :)
    (from experience)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Go buy a can of the cheap old Aqua Net hair spray and use it--lots of it! (On the ink marks, NOT on your hair !)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Hiar spray. It is kinda fun. You can watch the ink begin to melt and run.
    Anonymous

• Hair spray works if it hasn't been washed yet. I found ink on one of my hubby's shirs - no idea how it got on one shirt only in an entire load of laundry, especially since there was no pen or anything in there. So his shirt had been washed, I used rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover, blotting with a q-tip and got most of it out. Place a clean, dry, white towel under the clothes and only blot, don't rub. If those don't work you can try acetone, but it may not be good for the fabric, so you'll have to test it. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Actually, the reason hair spray works is becasue of the alcohol in it. It is a lot more effective to use plain old rubbing alcohol, as long as the fabric can tolerate it. I tried this on one of my husbands work shirts that had been washed AND dried. Ugh! It is the technique that the Queen of Clean recommended.
    Put the item on top of a towel with the inked/spot side down. Squeeze alcohol onto the ink spot with a cotton ball and blot. Move the item around on the towel so that you are using a clean spot to blot when some of the ink comes out. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Wash and see if it all came out. If not, repeat. I had to wash his shirt about 3 times before I got it all out, but it was better than having to throw it away and buy a new one.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yup hairspray will do it
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 1:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yup hairspray... and then wash and then do another treatment... i am mad they answered it already!!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010