Feeding my (almost) 1 year old?!

So my daughter is almost a year old and she just recently stopped eating baby food. Now what do I do?! I mean, I'm not completely ignorant, but I just don't know what to feed her. She eats all the toddlers snacks and things, but what do I do for meals? My husband and I don't really cook that much---maybe that's my problem! But I would like to start. (Better late than never, right?) I figured if I started cooking, she could just start eating everything we eat, but I don't really know what kinds of foods to cook. Any help would be great! Thanks so much =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pasta is always good. And it's easy to add veggies to. Soups are great too. I try to offer a lot of variety and different textures. It will probably take your daughter a while to become interested so don't worry if she throws it all off the high chair tray. Just keep reintroducing new foods to them even if they do that because it takes like 10 tries before they might like it. Remember it's all new to them! Here are some examples of the other meals that I make for my daughter and I to eat: oatmeal and fruit or scrambled eggs and fruit;lentil soup topped with avacado, cooked celery on the side (for her) and wheat toast; grilled cheese and tomatoe soup, green beans; refried beans, avacado, cooked tomatoe, olives, little bits of tortilla; chicken, mashed potatoes (or sweet potatoes), peas; and of course pasta! I have a sample menu from a book from the Academy of Pediatrics, PM me if you want me to type it out for you!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• ANY veggie, fruit would be a good starter. Give her avocado chunks, sweet potato baked soft, beans...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• oh my daughter will be one next week and she eats prtty much anything we eat. i just try to add veggies and fruit everyday sometimes more then once a day. she also still does formula. but not sure how much longer. probably going to switch solely to milk soon. but just be healthy and try new recipes and stay with spices not overly spicey things. but variety is important. good luck. its fun to feed them.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2010