can you get a negative result and still be preg?

I was jw cus i was spotting when i was suppose to have my period, now its be a few days and i feel some pinching down in my ovaries... got one BFN. My friend also never got a pos til she was 2.5 months preg... has this happened to anyone else????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it can happen
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Pinching in your ovaries? I think you are pulling at straws here. If you take a test too soon it can be negative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Believe me with today's testing that you get at drug stores, they are pretty accurate. Unless you buy the drugstore kind and it looks fuzzy. I took two tests because February is a short month and I got my period twice in January. It said negative last week when it was due. It said negaitve two days ago. Wham I got it yesterday!!!! So it just happened to me and I wasn't . Those test are good. I got two for $10.99!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It can be negative if there isn't enough hormnone in the system, it doesn't matter what test you get.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yes is can either be to soon or a tubal preg. There are some other reasons but my brains not working well this morning.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Also I know a woman who tested neg all the way to 8mnths.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• well you could be in very early pregnancy or miscarrying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• usually they will be accurate once your period is late but sometime the hcg doesn't get into the urine at high enough levels so it's definitely possible.
    gl
    Anonymous

• yeah, it can happen. took until about 2 months for me to get one even from the college nurse many moons ago-
    had the same thing recently with a HPT-

me, I guess I would just take care of myself as if I was pregnant just in case, and if a positive result is in your future, then it is-

I hope it turns out the way you want :)
    good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yes you can! Happened with baby #2.
    Anonymous