PAGEANT FOR A 1 YR OLD GIRL....HELP

my 7 year old dd has done pageants but she did not start til she was 3 and I havent been to one in a couple yrs...I am taking my 1 yr old baby girl to one this weekend and was wondering if any of you mommies had any tips for me....her being so young? what r they looking for? what will make her stand out? also I have a really cute pic of her that I thought about entering in photogenic, but not sure if I should since its not a professional pic...any help or advice you can give me would be great!!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At her age, they are mainly looking for her to not be shy, not throw a fit and to be happy and interact with them and the audience. No need for fancy make up. Only if you don't want her to look washed out in the lights. She is only one, so, try the pic. Not sure if they want pro or not.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yuck. that is disgusting. Your child should only be concerned with being good enough for herself and for you, not for a bunch of judges. What you are doing is wrong.
    Anonymous

• ANON, BIte all of us. I loved doing pageants when I was little. I asked to do them. My mom didn't ever push me. It is fun to get on stage and dress up and I would still do it now if I could. I wish I had a girl. You have no clue what you are talking about. It has to do with poise and confidence. Not if they are PRETTY enough. She didn't ask for your narrow minded opinion of pageants.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I grew up doing pageants and had the time of my life and my 7 year old loves them aswell....if at anytime either of my daughters say they dont want to do pageants or that they dont like them, then we are done!! But for right now its something we all enjoy doing together very much, and that is not wrong, and I didnt ask for a pageant haters opinion, most of you who hate pageants have no clue what they are like or about and have no right scolding us that do....keep your hateful opinions to yourself and raise your own children and stop telling me how to raise mine!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010