Where can i get some motivation to CLEAN?

I know this may sound lame to some. I'm usually the neat freak, but i feel like i've had it these past few weeks. I cannot seem to find the desire to do all those cleaning things that i used to do so well. The constant rain does not help. I just want to eat junk food & watch stupid mindless telivision until i have to get DD from school. My house is a mess. My fridge is at an all time grossness, & i have laundry out the wazoo!

Where do you ladies get your motivation from when it is just not there? I'm just in the mood to be lazy today. I feel guilty so about that....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just started to do spring cleaning and have been for 3 days. Ugh I am tired. Take some vitamins it might help on those raining days. Good luck!
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Watch the show Hoarders, it will kick you into gear!
    Anonymous

• Ok, so lets buddy up. I'm in the same boat!!!

I have 7 loads of laundry, clean, on my couch needing to be folded. I have 3 stacks of papers/books/magazines a foot high on my desk, and both sides of my sink are loa-ho-hoded with dishes.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• start with a little area. and maybe do a little re-arranging. that always gets me up and going
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• my house is NEVER a mess either. This last move has really sucked the "want to" out of me. I still have a ton of stuff in boxes too...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• uh..i love rain.. it actually makes me do house work.. but i get my energy from a cup of milk and powder.. so i dunno what to tell ya
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• it's raining? oh that does NOT help! lol. if it's one of those dreary, cold rainy days, or dreary cold days, me and cleaning don't work together well.

i get my motivation from it being nice out, i have to get dressed to. if i stay in my pj's all day, i don't get into the cleaning mood. like this morning, i actually got up, took a shower (i normally do that at night but it was late when i went to bed last night) got dressed, got the dishes and laundry done, cleaned up the breakfast table, cleaned the kids. everything's clean! i'm so proud...if i had said screw it and didn't take a shower and stayed in my pj's, none of that would have happened lol. it's one of those rainy days, but thankfully it's not too cold out so i have the kitchen window open and a slight warm breeze is coming, that helped boost me up too. music too!

it's either that or get pissed off at DH. that really gets me cleaning. lmao
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Music, loud energizing music motivates me, get down and dance while you are at it too!

Answer by older at 12:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• seriously one of these mornings after you take DD or DS to school, come home and turn on a radio in a central part of the house (or where you need to clean the most) and dont just turn it on..turn it UP! I hate cleaning, i am not a neat freak, i have to have motivation. the radio normally keeps me going for a good hour or two. find a station with a great beat that is fast and dance around fun!
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• OP here,

Great answeres ladies. Turning on music does help. And a sunny day would be nice. I like having the windows & doors open. Getting dressed helps too...LOL, guess i have to find motivation for that too. I'm not depressed or anything either. I just wish i had the OK from myself & everyone else to be a lazy pazy & not give a damn today...LOL, but OH the guilt...especially when DH walks in after a long day work. He'll just say "so...uh...what did YOU do today?" Obviously nothing...LOL!
    Anonymous