i had a c-section 19 months ago...

i've started having pains where my scar is. lil background: had a csection with ds, got preggo 7 mnths later so tissue was still damaged. they cut the orginal cut but cuz of the tissue damaged they had to not only cut that but also vertical. had an infection,they had to reopen it. i'm getting some pain where the 2 cuts meet, a little bit above it, and sometimes on the horizontal scar on the right side only. it's not constant pain, but like if i'm bent over and then stand up i'll get some pain, clutch it with my hand for a minute, then it subsides. it's happened before, not too bad, but the past 2 days the pain was a lil' stronger than normal. AF started the other day, could this be a reason? also, my jeans are a little lower & tighter than normal cuz of the bloating, could that be a cause as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• Certain clothes i wear aggrivate my scar and its been about 15 months for me. and at random times my scar will feel super sensitive! Dont know if that helps but ive heard thats kinda common.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• First, I'm so sorry. I've had 3 c-sections and cannot imagine healing from a vertical cut. I think you should contact your dr. I feel like you're probably dealing with some adhesions right now. Usually adhesions are left alone, but if they affect bladder or bowel function, they may be removed. But, I'd give your dr a call if I were you.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Adhesions? Or you could have an incisional hernia.
    Anonymous