about fetal movement

this is my 3rd child and i have been feeling him since i was 11-12 weeks and im now 22 week and i feel him everyday but its very low when do babies start moving up so i can feel him move in my upper belly with my 2 girls they already moved up by this time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends really, maybe he likes to hang out low. My daughter was really low everyone thought she was a boy.
    Babies are all different so it might just be where he likes to sit.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• The top of the uterus doesn't generally reach the belly button until about 20 weeks, and then grows about a centimeter up each week thereafter. Your uterus isn't even to your upper belly yet for your baby to be felt there. It will also have a lot to do with this baby's position; he might prefer to hang out facing down or head up with his legs doing all the moving so all of his movement is felt low.
    Anonymous

• thank you guys this helped alot
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :50. I am 21 weeks and I am carrying low too. I go to find out what we are having today. I am super excited!!!! But yeah your uterus slowly moves up as the baby gets bigger, which is when you start showing is when your uterus isn't hidden by your pubic bone anymore and is "spilling over" your pubic bone and moving up into your stomach.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• mine is already moved up lol its my 3rd i started showing at 8 weeks
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• sorry im the one that asked the ?
    klinemom2