Does anyone know any legitimate work from home jobs?

I have a toddler and a kindergartener. I am having a hard time trying to find affordable daycare and currently lost my job. Does anyone know any legitimate places that are hiring and fast?

Thank you for your time.

MichelleH.

Asked by MichelleH. at 12:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Gosh I wish I knew. I have applied for every one of the at home jobs that all the other moms list on this site. No luck at all. I am currently doing some surveys online and making a little money but not much. If you are interested in doing surveys l would be more than happy to share. Just message me.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Hi!
    I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home. I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 ½ year old and 1 year old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Check out my website:
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Here is a list of companies that hire home based workers and my blog has some information about finding, researching and getting a home based job or business...

I do want to tell you the site the list of companies is on is under construction at the moment because I am completely revamping, but that page will not be going anywhere, even if other things are moving around. Don't worry if you see changes over the next days - that isn't going anywhere.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have tried a lot fo companies and made a list of the good ones. All free! Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I work for a nutritional cleansing company. I can send you more info if you contact me at simplecleansing@gmail.com
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• A lot of the companies that supposedly hire you to work from home are scams. Haven't been able to find a legitimate one yet, so I went the home business route, which does require start up costs, but it's your own business and you work it as much or as little as you want and create your own goals and schedule.

I have a home business with PrePaid Legal ... I've been doing it for 5 weeks and I've tripled my investment. Cost me $118 to start and I've made almost $450 since I started, and they will do daily direct deposit, so I get money every few days. Message me if you would like more info.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I do from home. I absolutely love it! It's agreat business, and I haven't met anyone yet who didn't like it. Let me know if I can help with questions. :-)
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I would recommend customer service if you children can keep quiet while you're working. Otherwise, writing might be a good fit. You can check out my website - www.homejobsformom.com if you like for lists of work at home job leads.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2010