can two month olds teethe?

I think my little guy may be teething. His cheeks are super pink. I check for fever but there is none. He cries and cries! The only thing that has stopped him was me massaging his gums. I do feel a few swollen parts on his gums... Could it be he is teething? How to I console him? stop the crying? Baby orajel says 4 months+???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething can take months. It is uncommon for a two month old to actually cut teeth, but fairly common for the teething process to begin. You can't give them baby oragel this young. A lot of babies like to gnaw on a frozen wash cloth to ease the pressure & discomfort they are feeling.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• not likely
    Anonymous

• yes my dd got her first tooth at 3 months and some babys are actually born with teeth, anything is possible.
    Get a wet rag and rub it on his gums, at cvs or walgreens they sell these homeopathic little white teething balls...i believe theyre called humphreys. And you can pop em in his mouth as much as he needs it and they dissolve pretty quick. I wouldnt use the oragel until 4 months with outh asking your dr.
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 2:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Mariisasmommy beat me to it, I was gonna say some are born with teeth. My husband was born with teeth, actually.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010