Why does my husband feel out 13 yr old daughter needs to wash her hair every day?

Yes she should showere every day but I feel that she does not and should not wash her hair ever single day, but he insists - i think he just wants control

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i am a hairstylist and you are not suppost to wash your hair everyday. everyother day is fine. washing it everyday does more danmage to your hair. i would look it up online and show him that you dont need to wash your hair everyday. its not good for your hair. unless her hair smells bad then she should wash it everyday.
    ashmomoftwins

Answer by ashmomoftwins at 7:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Is she a stinky kid? If her hair is extra greasy I would agree with your dh, if not then he should back off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Does she play sports?
    It depends on HER hair. Some people should wash their hair every day.... some hair doesnt do well. If she is using product every day perhaps she should.
    Anonymous

• Washing every day strips the body (and hair) of essential natural oils so it's not recommended.
    Anonymous

• JMO, I would tell him it is none of his business if she washes it every day.
    Just tell her to wet it down in the shower every day, but do not wash it every day. Just to shut him up. Make it look like she washs it every day but does not.

Answer by louise2 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You aren't supposed to shampoo every day. Most hairstylists don't wash their hair everyday. It stripps the natural oils from the hair and resets the PH balance. Girls with greasy hair should not shampoo every day because stripping the oil down makes the oil glands panic and create more oil.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sounds like control, I have one too.

Just tell your daughter to rinse, and have someone else explain it is no good for thier hair and maybe he will get it through his thick scull, that it is really not good.

I know it stinks lying to him, but omg-you will be arguing about something ridiculous so sometimes it is better.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I shamppo my hair every day and I put Cond in every other day. But it really depends on your hair type. But she is 13 and old enough to know her own hair and needs right now when it comes to that. He should back off and let her do it on her own.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• tell him, he needs to handle the daddy things and yiou handle the mommy/girlie things

hell get over it
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 2:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• IDK teenagers can be gross. I remember when my stepson was that age. They are at an age where they need to clean everyday, but not mature enough to actually recognize it and do it. His hair smelled when he didn't wash it. Does your daughter's hair smell or look greasy? I'd say if her hair smells and looks fine she should be able to get away with just washing her body.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010