Question regarding moby wrap---

We have 120 degree weather in the summer, if my baby was in a diaper only, and inside the wrap, would he be overheated still? Is the material breathable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is breathable, but it's a lot of fabric. When I wear my baby with her in just a diaper while I'm cleaning the house, I'm usually just in a bra & we both get pretty warm..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree., lots of fabric. I have seen a sling made of UVA protective mesh fabric if you're seriously going to be facing 120 degree days. If you're just talking about hot, muggy summer days, say, like we have in the midwest, I think you're okay with the moby. We were fine.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I personally am going to find my moby too hot in the summer (though it was fabulous this winter). They make wraps with lighter fabrics. I'm ordering mine from www.gypsymama.com but if you shop around different wraps you can make the best choice for you.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I just want to know where you live that it's going to be 120 often.....Death Valley or what ?

It gets to over a 100 here and the baby was fine just wearing light clothing in the wrap. Most of the time you are going in and out of stores or in your house anyway.
    Anonymous

• I had a cotton wrap - although warm in summer it did breathe very well.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I live in Phx and I had a cotton gauze wrap similar to the Moby. I didn't wear it so much in the summer, but yes, I do think she would have been too overheated.
    Anonymous