How early can a toddler star pre-school?

My DD is potty train she just turn 2 on January. Can I start looking for schools for her? Whats the younges that they will take them?

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 1:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There are a lot of nice "mother's-day-out" programs out there. Anything from 2-3 hours a day to 5-6. They usually only let them go 1-3 times a week though. I found it a nice way to start out. My girls started at 13 months and 2.5. They love it. (they go 2 days a week from 9-2:30 -- they didn't have to be potty trained.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think it is 3 or 4 for preschool, then 5 for kindergarden.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• why do you want her in school already?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Depends on how long you want her to go. its typical to go a year before they start kindergarten,but if she needs extra help,3 would be good.Most regular schools start when your child is 5 by Sept 1st,so that depends on when their birthday lands too.
    Anonymous

• You should ask your local schools, go in person and ask. i think that is the best way to find out the real answer to your questions. Both my daughters started Preschool at 3 1/2 and no they where not potty trained. My second isnt potty trained yet but they are allowed to be in Pre-k like that too. My oldest is 5 and started Kindergarten at 5 years old. but this is our school and district from WA state/pierce county.
    Anonymous

• There are many good programs that daycares offer.Look around,check them out, ask tons of questions..I'm sure you'll find a good fit! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• 3 is usually the youngest they'll allow.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• 3 is usually the youngest for what's technically "preschool." But there are plenty of programs with an age-appropriate curriculum for 1-2 year-olds; they just can't go full-time. And it's not the same as daycare.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladys im going to ask around. The reason why i want her to go to school its because i want her to be social w/other kids. she is a fast learner so i want her to learn more new things & i also want to have a few breaks.lol a new born & a 2yr old are very tiering...
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My daughter started 1/2 day 2 days/week at 2. It just depends on the preschool.

Answer by missanc at 3:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2010