needing some advice? (for Christians)

I recently have not been feeling God with me and am not sure what to do. I pray daily, study the word and I'm just not feeling him with me as strong as I used to. My life feels as though it's falling apart as well. Everything that could go wrong has. It has really just been very difficult for me lately. I hope I am making sense. I am not sure how to get back to where I was? I could really use some advice form someone who understands or has been through this? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i went through that year ago or so. I didn't even realize it was the sin in my own life that i was unwilling to give up to God. I loved the money and didn't care about the fact that it really wasn't a career that was pleasing to him and didn't honer him. but for some reason i refused to give it up, out of selfishness. eventually i felt alone and like he just wasn't that close to me anymore. he wasn't, i put him in a box and didn't give him the chance to prove to me that he could provide for me even more so than i was providing for myself. i pushed him away from me without even noticing it. after finally being humble and struggling to give my sin to him i let him back into my life and my relationship with him is better. sometimes we have to look within ourselves for the reason he is not near. it might not always be a sin but something we just refuse to let go rather.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• the more you open yourself up to him and trust him the closer you allow him to be with you :)

KristaRene

• i was there about 6 months ago... and wasn't wanting to go to church, barely read my bible etc. lot of stuff was happening... then i went to church because i was scheduled to serve and the message that day was exactly what I needed to hear... when we are in that place we're not strong and we need strength... well the message was on "Joy"... the Joy of the Lord is our strength... you can't wait for things to go well and feel right to have your joy or get your joy... you have to choose.. get up every morning weather you feel like it or not and say the Joy of the Lord is my strength. and this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. Play praise music and listen to it.... it really helped.. and now when stuff happens... and it does.. i'm able to praise God through it and inspite of it and not let it get or keep me down.
    Anonymous

• The times where I feel the furthest away are the times when I'm to busy. I have gotten to the point where I was busy even in my Bible study! When I finally said enough and slowed down I felt much better. Instead of doing an entire chapter in a book as my Bible study I would take just a page or two and got so much more out of it. I slowed down on what I was doing in my life & that even included at church. We commit so much time to outside activities and then try and do even more at church. Take activities that you truely feel a call for and drop the rest. At one time I tried Nursery, Angel Food, Missions, Youth activities and more. It was just to much and I was more disheartened then anything. I'm now just doing the Nursery 1/month and helping with missions. I've also dropped out of activities outside the church and feel 100% better about my relationship with God. I'm taking time for God & family first.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• For us as JW's we try to keep in mind what first stirred our love for Jehovah God and His son Jesus, Remembering that when addressing the first-century Christian congregation in Ephesus, Jesus spoke of “the love you had at first.” The Ephesians had many good qualities, yet the love they once manifested for Jehovah had waned. Hence, Jesus told them: “I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot bear bad men, and that you put those to the test who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them liars. You are also showing endurance, and you have borne up for my name’s sake and have not grown weary. Nevertheless, I hold this against you, that you have left the love you had at first.”—Rev. 2:2-4.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• this to shall pass.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• There are times when our emotions can lead us off track. Keep praying and reading the word and remember what it tells us. God bless!

Matthew 1:23 The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010