I'm sooo mad! I recently bought some new everyday dishes. Shortly after, most of them are chipped. Should I switch to the chip resistant? Anyone have these?

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use these and they are great. My grandmother has had the same plates for 15 plus years

they sell at walmart too

http://www.corelle.com/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• you mean the corelle (sp?) i had those before and i liked them better than the pfaltzgraff (sp? lol) ones i have now.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have an old set of corelle plates. They are great. They are thin, so they are light, and they are easy to handle. They are also chip resistant. I have actually dropped one before and it didn't break!

The set I have, I got from my mom. They are old but don't have a single chip on them.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• melamine dinnerware are chip resistant.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I've got a set of corelle's too.

hands down they are the best for when you've got kids. lol mine are about 15 years old

my mom has a set thats about 30 years old - only a couple plates are missing.

but if you do break one they shatter into a billion little pieces.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have both Corelle and Fiesta. I have to say, I like the Fiesta better. They are a little more expensive but they are heavier, and my kids have broken 3 of my corelle coffee cups and 1 of the bowls that came with the set, but only 1 of the saucers from my fiesta ware though they are dropped just as frequently. BUT, I have had the Corelle for about 4 years now and I have to say they do hold up quite well as far as the plates go.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i was just thinking about that this morning as i was emptying the dishwasher! my dishes have lots of chips too! my son broke a plate yesterday. this is a pfaltzgraff set, so getting replacements should not be a problem. i never really liked the corelle, they are so thin. i am just a weirdo i guess and prefer a plate with a little more weight to it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had Pfaltzgraff and not only did they chip & break easily, but they scratched up easily, too, so I got rid of them and replaced them with two sets of complimenting Corelle dinnerware. They've been dropped and banged around by my son, but the only thing that have broken are the glasses that came with the sets. The glasses are rather lightweight & cheap, so buy sets with mugs or just plates if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My mom has Fiesta & they hold up really well. The colors are awesome too.

I have Pfaltzgraff, but I haven't had any of the problems the PPs have. I like the quality of Pfaltzgraff, but they don't have a pattern that I really love. The ones I have now are from my 1st marriage :-|
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 8:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2010