Has anyone had problems with there bowels during pregnancy?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I have been having the oppisite of constipation. I've only had diaherra once all the other time It's just softer then usual. It's not frequent It's just every couple of days or so. All of my doctors appointments are really good and I just had an ultrasound, my baby boy is doing awesome. I don't know what it could be? I'm going to call my doctor soon today also. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its all normal. your body is carrying a baby. its from the harmones.
    Anonymous

• could be a reaction to the prenatal vitamins you're taking. could be hormonal changes. as long as it isn't constant diarrhea (the watery kind-- yuck!) and you stay hydrated, i think you should be okay. i'd bring it up at your next appointment just to be sure though. good luck & congratulations!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i was thinking prenatals as well. are you eating better now than you did before pregnancy? your body could be adapting to that too. are you taking any supplements in addition to your prenatals?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had it with my first son and this one. Hormones prenatals and better diet does the trick. As long as its not diarrhea don't worry. I kinda enjoy it cause when Im not pregnant than i fight constipation.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 3:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have had the exact same thing going on this time around.. so weird..lol Doc says it sounds like IBS.. I have found triggers on some of the stuff example is OJ...lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I was constipated when I was pregnant due to iron pills then they gave me stool softener to help make it easier
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2010