Adult website question

So my ex tells me that he saw my photo on a "hookup" website. The problem is that I never put my photo or profile on this site. I had a profile on a dating site and Im not sure why my photo is on this one.

I know for sure I didn't put it up because I don't have an email address linked to this profile. I typed in my email address for password reminder and none of them came back. So, what can I do to get my photo off this website?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• It is sooooo easy to taken ANY picture of ANYONE off the internet and then upload as your own. Call their customer service line and report it and they should be able to remove the picture for you.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• personally I'd like to know what the website is to make sure I'm not on it! feel free to PM it to me.
    sounds like someone put your pic up there-
    I'd see if you can contact the site and tell them it's your picture- maybe that will help-

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Contact whoever runs that website (they're bound to have a "contact us" button on there somewhere, or a phone number), and explain the situation to them. If you post a picture online, anybody halfway computer savvy can just take that picture and use it for their own purposes.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Contact the site owners and tell them someone is using your picture without your permission.
    Anonymous

• Go read the site's privacy policy. There are some dating sites online that are also partnered with other dating sites and your profile info or pics can be posted on the other site as well. Look into it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Did you see the pic yourself? If I didn't put it there, and it's not linked to the other site... I'd be thinking maybe the ex put it there to make you look bad or something. Just a guess.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree, email the customer service folks and tell them what's up. Anyone who has your picture can add it and say it's them. Some advertisers take your pix and use them. That sucks when they are advertising those date sites.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2010