How do you fit it all in a day?

I have a baby, I work full time ...How do you guys fit it all in? Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping?
I feel like I am always spinning my wheels and I am always exhausted.
DH works appox. 15 hours a day so no, he cannot really help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I was a working mom I swear I felt like I was going full speed from 5:30 or 6 am till midnight and that doesnt include getting up in the middle of the night with babies. I didnt become a SAHM till my youngest was 3 so I feel your exhaustion. The biggest thing I did was try to take care of myself, eating right and keeping a schedule. I had boys in multiple sports and i worked from 7 am -430 walked out the door picked up kids and then ran to sports till about 7 pm home for dinner homework bed and then i cleaned house. I made sundays my laundry day and I spent the afternoon doing any deep cleaning that needed to be done. On week nights I picked a room each night that i focused on, some weeks i had to change which rooms.

I also premade meals on sunday's that helped out ALOT and my DH would start the crock pot for me before he left for work at 1 pm on weeknights.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't. I am a sham but have a huge list of things to do. So many I kight as well have 2 full time jobs. I'm sorry. I hope it get's easier for you. If you do figure it out let me know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Some days you have to just let some things slide and relax play with your baby..The baby will remember that and not if the floor is sparkling clean:) A long bath at the end of the day and a glass of wine helps too!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't.

I have one or two things that absolutely have to be done in the day.

there are things though that I do every day without fail - dishes, sweep, vacuum, make beds. its the little things you can do that make it seem not so bad.

I have a monthly meal plan and know every day what is for dinner none of the 'what are we going to have' problem

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I just started being able to SAHM after working part time and I dont know what to do with myself! Working Moms are definitely a special kind of woman. I feel that I am starting to balance my time better but I have much more of it.
    I think having a set routine can help you tremendously while you are working. What I realize now being home is that Stay at Home Moms can not consider what they do a "job" because you are taking care of everything they do, in less time and then working a "real job"
    Right now, as a SAHM, I dont worry about getting dressed/ready for work, commuting to work, making sure my work clothes are clean and ready, and that is all in addition to the time spent AT work.
    Anonymous

• well i do fit it in. its not hard for me sorry. i am a stay at home mom. My day on weekdays is the same. Wake up between 7-8am. Eat breakfast, clean counters, fold clothes if i need too. Sit and watch tv until its time to get the kids dressed for Pre-k and Kindergarten (half day school for them 2 1/2hrs a day) Get them dressed, make my 5 year old her snack, put in backpack. walk to the school. come back, do laundry or put laundry in dryer. Maybe vacuum. Relax. Pick them up again, come home. give them lunch. watch tv. do dinner, eat dinner and put them to bed at 8pm. My day is like this every day, its not choatic, my kids help me clean and put things away, fold clothes. Maybe im just lucky but there is not much to do and my house is clean every day.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have a teenager, a toddler, a full time job and go to school at night. I have learned to squeeze in house work in 15 min time slots. Tonight i will rush home to heat up leftovers from the weekend (purposedly made lots of this dish to have tonight) and rush off to swimming lessons with the little one. when i get home hopefully my teenager will have cleaned up the kitchen and I will run the vaccume thru the house before the little one goes to bed. When she is in bed I will choose one other chore, treat myself to 1 tv program and then hit the books. after studying i wind down with some yoga stretching on the wii before bed. I also do 2 loads of laundry 2-3 times a week instead of doing 6 loads of laundry on the weekend and feeling drowned by laundry. I will clean the bathroom in sessions one day cleaning the sink and mirrors, another the tub, another the floor. It really helps to to a little instead of a lot at once!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• its so sad that the only time I can get things done is when the baby is sleepin, when he takes his afternoon nap then I do the dishes, prepare dinner, and whatever chore I have to do, then when he goes to sleep at night I do the same , but I work at night , I work the graveyard shift but i make sure everything is done before I leave
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2010