Confused

My husband got a job in Modesto in 2 wks we have to move. i've been looking for a house (i check all the website that i can check i. e. city search , yahoo, yelp etc). some advised to check the police department crime stat so i can decide we can go. i even check the momgroup in modesto but i don't get any answer from them. i even call some realestate agent they said that they cannot give me any advice they can show me houses but not tell where would be a good place or part. i ask property management some are unfriendly. the thing that confused me so much is all the things i hear from modesto are negative. if some can give me an advise, who live close to the area will be alot of help. TY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• google it
    I did and this is one of the first ones it pulled up
    http://www.modestogov.com/mpd/crimestats/default.asp
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had the same problem when we were looking to move to Colorado- a lot of people dont' like the idea of 'outsiders' coming around- silly I know.
    the housing people either don't know or aren't allowed to tell you.
    Have you focused on places that you might want to live then called the police department? I did- they officer I talked to just told me whether or not he'd live there or not- helped a lot.

Seems like you can look up the crime stats on line- though I don't know specifically where you would go -
    Anonymous

• I was born and raised in California, stayed there for 32 years then moved to Wyoming. Anyway, I have family that lives in Modesto and I've been "around" that area for many many years. My advice??? Modesto is not the place to raise a family. My nephew and his daughter live there and it sucks. He wants out so bad but he can't because he is out of work and trying to find work in another town. There are some small towns outside of Modesto that you should look into. Sorry I don't know the names of them right off hand, but there are nicer small towns close to Modesto so you could live there and yoru husband could just work in Modesto. Let me tell you, in the summer it gets hotter than hell out there, I mean so hot you can't breathe outside.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010