How do I get the gym-sock smell out of a soft knee brace?

saphire_eyes802

Asked by saphire_eyes802 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always did a cold water hand wash on mine, then let it air dry. Do that weekly and it should get better.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• How long did it take to air dry? Overnight?
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I'm a big believer in using vinegar to remove odors. I soak tennis shoes, Crocs, flip-flops, slippers, etc. when they get a funky smell then wash them in the washing machine, and it really helps. If you can't soak it, maybe lay a vinegar-soaked rag over it for a bit, wipe down with plain water then allow to dry, preferably in the sun.
    London3

Answer by London3 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i have the one that can actually go in the washer on cold and lay flat to dry it normally dries overnight. I have always added a 1/4 cup of vinegar to my wash loads and that helps with smells.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• soak it in baking soda... works for the fridge. works for getting odors outta most thing.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• One more tip...put is some place where it will dry FAST like in a sunny spot or next to a heater....If it takes too long to dry, it will have a moldy smell from that!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I love vinegar for odors. Works very well.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 6:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010