What does your kid(s) call the grandparents ??

We only have 1 set of grandparents ( my parents ) they ended up being called Grandma and Papaw .
Great Grandma's are Grandma Ginny and GG . No great grandpa's left .

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My parents are grandma and grandpa. My in-laws and Nana and Pa.
    mkamom

Answer by mkamom at 2:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My mom is Grandma. MIL is Savta, which is Hebrew for grandma. FIL was Saba, also Hebrew, but he passed away in Aug.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My kids call my inlaws Gam and Grandpa, my parents are Nona and Papa. The great grandparents are Grandpa Jack and Great Granny.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My parents are Grandma and Grandpa, In-law's are Nana and Pap =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Gramma and Grampa.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have no idea how this started but they call my parents "Nanny" and "Bumpa" & I always called my maternal grands "Gammy" and "Bobby."
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 2:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Mine: Nana and Pa-paw. Sam's: Granny and Pop-Pop. Great Grandma 1: Mi-maw, Great Grandma 2: Maw-Maw
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Lola & Lolo-- tagalog for grandma and grandpa. her great grandma is Lola Puti which translates to grandma white because her hair is as white as snow. We are a Filipino family. Although my children as well as myself & husband were born American, we want to keep as much of our culture and tradition alive for as long as possible. We primarily speak english in the home because it's easier for us, but would love for our kids to know their native language. It's harder than we expected since we don't speak tagalog all the time at home. But we're trying... baby steps. They're learning word by word.
    Anonymous

• Grandpa Mike, Grandma Karen,Nanna,PaPa Mike,G.C.(short for grandma Connie),Great Grandpa and Grandpa Ruthie...when I was a kid I had 2 grandmas...my grandpas wife and his mom...they bought a duplex house and my grandpa and my grandma lived downstairs and great grandma lived upstairs...so in my brilliant 5 year old mind I nick-named them grandma upstairs and grandma downstairs,lol...its funny but it has still stuck after so many years and with both of them having been passed away we still refer to them as that when we talk about them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My kids call my mil by her 1st name, and they call my dad Boppa, and my mom is Kitty Grandma (although the little one can't say that and he calls her me-yim).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010