my 6 wk old eats 4 oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs.

when she's done, she still seems kind of hungry. should i up her to 4 1/2 oz or feed her every 2 or 2 1/2 hrs?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you added the special baby cereal that you mix into the milk to make the full feeling last longer?

Answer by vakatia at 4:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• when my ds was 6 weeks old he ate every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I totally would not recommend the cereal she is way too young. With my daughter she just wanted something to suck on. I was totally against it but I gave her a pacifier and it worked.

• Don't do cereal. That seems to be everyone's quick fix and it's wrong! Cereal should not be given to a baby until 4 months. It's a false filler. The baby is hungry because they are hungry not because they need to "feel full" If you give your baby cereal before they are ready they will get constipated. Go ahead and up the formula. if they eat too much they'll just puke. Babies also go threw growth spurts at 6 weeks, 3months and 6 months. At these times the baby will want to eat a lot more. It's very normal.

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008