Alli. Have you tried it?

If you've tried it, what are your thoughts on it? Did you like it? Were you satisfied with your results?

If you've never tried it, or just have something nasty to say -- save it. I'm not interested.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• Why cop an attitude before anyone even answers?
    Anonymous

• I haven't tried it, but my grandpa uses it and he has lost aleast 20lbs. It is the only weight loss pill that is recomened by doctors. It works by not letting your body absorb 25% of the fat you eat it is expelled through your waste. The most common side effect is diarrea.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Before it was OTC and only available by Rx, mom and I tried it. Orange oil came out of our bottoms. I once passed gas and ruined my clothes because orange oil leaked out all over me.

It bonds to the fat in the food you eat and causes the molecules to pass out in your stool. Even though we were eating the *right* amount of fat, protein, and carbs for the diet, we still had orange grease poop.

Now Alli in the OTC formula may be a lot gentler than the Rx formula. Neither of us had much to lose-- I had about 7 vanity pounds and mom had about 20. The doctor said this greasy poop might be a side effect. It was way too much for me to deal with. I stopped using it after about 4 days.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Anon - Because it's not uncommon for people to be judgmental of someone elses situation -- esp when they don't have all the facts. On that note -- why was your initial comment necessary? I was simply stating that I don't want negative replies. It's not like it's really uncommon on this website.
    Anonymous

• I considered it... But I'm afraid to use it because of all the diarrhea/greasy orange poop stories I've heard. I mean, it's good incentive not to cheat, I guess, but I just don't want to run the risk of shitting my pants while walking down the street, so to speak.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have not tried it- but havn't really heard anyone say great things about it. For me- if you have to eat better while taking it- why not jsut eat better and NOT spend all that money on it *shrug*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i also tried it yrs ago before it was over the counter..it does cause the oily poops shes not kiddin..i was shoppin in the mall just walking and started to leak orange oil!!!!!!!! Ruined my clothes and it was horrible...i had to find something to wear and something to cover me until i could walk to the bathroom to change..it does work tho i guess it just depends it u are willing to walk around with an oily tush lol...
    Anonymous