premature baby

I have a beautiful seven month old boy but he was premature. I had severe preeclapsia and was induced at 34 weeks. I just found out last week that we are pregnant again and Im scared to death of going through it again. I guess Im just looking for comfort or personal stories of how others made it through more than one nicu visit.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 3:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced due to high blood pressure, although I was only a few days before my due date. But my doctor told me that a lot of people have high blood pressure in their first pregnancy but not in subsequent pregnancies so I was really glad to hear that. I hope it gives you some comfort, too. Of course it is still a possibility, but I had assumed if I had it once I would have it again, and my doctor told me that is not the case at all.

Congrats on the pregnancy, by the way!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My twins were delivered at 34 weeks. My son spent a month in the NICU, my daughter spent 2 weeks. You couldn't pay me money to go through that again. I don't have any magical advice for you but try not to stress mama.... Whatever will be will be and you will get through it. Good luck!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2010