losing weight while pregnant

so we just found out we're pregnant with number 3. I've been really focused on eating healthy, and listening to my body when i eat, and not just eating because of what time it is, or just because it's there. And i've also been working out more. I workout atleast 3 times a week, and usually only 30 to 40 minutes at a time. And i had lost 14 pounds prior to getting pregnant. Well, since finding out i'm pregnant, i've lost 3 more pounds. I am rather overweight, and i could use to lose the pounds, but will the doctors have a problem with this. I'm not having morning sickness, and i'm not trying to lose weight anymore, but i'm just trying to keep up my healthy habits. Oh, and with baby number 2 i had gestational diabetes and i'm trying to avoid that this time as well, but do you think the doctors will be upset about me losing weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my doc said, because i'm overweight, that if i eat sensibly and choose healthy options, and walk and such that it's not a problem if I lose weight. you shouldn't lose a ton, but if it's steady and not crazy amounts it's ok because we have the extra baggage! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't think the doctors will have a problem with it if you are just keeping up the routine you had going before. Since you are overweight, it's not surprising that you lost weight and it's FABULOUS that you're doing all you can to get healthy and stay that way, but just ensure you're getting all the vitamins and minerals you need. Other than that, the developing embryo/fetus will take all that it needs from your body whether you want it to or not, so it's really mostly about what's left over for you! :)

Good luck, and good job with the getting healthy!
    Anonymous

• I could have written that word for word until you mentioned gd. I think losing weight at a slow rate (like 1lb a week) should be fine. I plan to ask the doctor about working out & heart rates & all. Congrats & best wishes!
    Anonymous

• I think it's great that your are trying to be healthy espesically while you are pregnant! However loosing weight now isn't good for the baby as you already know, so I think you should start eating more (healthy foods of course) Keep up your exersise and aleast do your best to maintain the wieght your at.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My niece lost 12 pounds while she was pregnant. She never ever looked pregnant.Her daughter is so gorgeous with baby grey eyes , porcelain skin and reddish brown hair...
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Many of my overweight friends lost weight during pregnancy because they suddenly took an interest in eating healthy. None of their doctors objected because they were not "dieting" just eating healthy.
    Anonymous

• ive heard often that usually over weight women or women that were eating very healthy before pregnancy will pay more attention to a healthier eating lifestyle and lose a litle weight. I wouldnt think it to be concerning unless its large amounts. As long as the baby is getting all it needs and measuring ok. And as long as you arent over doing the diet or exercise as well.

i'm on the slinder side and i'm pregnant with #2. I'm only 5 1/2 weeks and I already cant button my pants. hah. But hte doctor told me thats normal in smaller women. especially with it not being the first pregnancy. I'm not over eating. i'm doing well like you are. But we all are just different. and our bodies handle pregnancy in different ways
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Like others have said. The point is healthy eating.. Not dieting. If you are loosing weight then you are fine if you are just doing what you should have done all along. I am doing the same thing. Not a diet, but fruits, veggies, no candy, ect.. Congrats!
    Anonymous