Are you comfortable filling out this form?

Spin off!
They are sending out a form called the ACS. This comes WITH the census.
http://www.census.gov/acs/www/SBasics/acs_2010_faq2.htm
http://www.census.gov/acs/www/SBasics/SQuest/SQuest1.htm

The American Community Survey is an ongoing survey that collects detailed population and housing information from a sample of U. S. households and group quarters (GQ) facilities each month.
The American Community Survey, which replaced the decennial census long form, provides communities with detailed population and housing characteristics every year instead of once every 10 years like the decennial census.

Sample Questions
How many automobiles, vans, and trucks of one-ton capacity or less are kept at home for use by members of this household?
How many separate rooms are in this house, apartment, or mobile home?
LAST MONTH, what was the cost of electricity for this house, apartment, or mobile home?

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Con't
    They are lying to people telling them you HAVE to fill this form out.

"The American Community Survey, which replaced the decennial census long form, has different questions and purposes than the 2010 Census population headcount. Your participation in both is vital and required by law. Data about how our communities are changing are crucial to many planning decisions that affect you—such as neighborhood improvements, emergency preparedness, transportation, senior services and much more."

So look at the ACS, read all 48 questions, and tell me if you think the government has a right to ask these?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't see what the big deal is... Unless you're hiding something. Personally, I don't have a problem filling any of it out.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Well, I didn't look at the link but the sample questions are things that are already on record.
    Anonymous

• I am not uncomfortable with the questions, I just don't feel it's necessary information for me to give. I won't be filling it out. I will answer how many people and ages, but that's it. Unless there is anything else I am constitutionally bound to answer.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Who cares if they know? I will fill it out. I don't give a rats ass if they know. If it helps, good, if it doesn't, so what?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Property tax and building info is available on every Tax collector site complete with map and lot numbers.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• All of that is already public record, so why ask us?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• FWIW, the government will have a hard enough time getting the average, lazy citizen to complete the mandatory form, let alone any additional/supplemental forms.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I really see no reason, I live in the middle of BFE.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sure they have a right to ask you. You have a right to refuse. I may fill out some of it, but I refuse to answer any questions regarding political affiliation. THAT can be used to redraw the precinct lines to be in favor of one party or another which I believe should be illegal.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010